Thursday, December 20, 2012

It rained last night ..



It rained last night ..
It was dark .. It was stark ..

It was cold .. It was chilly ..
I tried holding on to my blanket ..
I tried to get warm ..
But it kept getting colder and wet
 … the time had frozen so was I.

I tried lighting a candle
To ward off the dark ..
But the cold wind would blow it off
Making it even more dark ..

I kept trying .. but the matchstick got over ..
The dark clouds would hover ..

I kept looking for a warm place ..
But in the darkness I kept stumbling ..
I hurt myself .. I fell down ..

I tried walking across the room .. to look for a hand ..
That I can hold … and feel the warmth ..

I kept walking in the room .. spreading both my arm ..
Looking for arms, in whose comfort I could feel warm …

But I kept stumbling and kept hurting myself ..

I tried calling .. but no one would hear ..
I called harder .. but my echo I could hear ..

So .. I just sat there .. waiting for the rain to go…
I held on to my blanket .. with a tight grip
As that was the only thing that gave me warmth ..

I listened to the rain pouring ..
Each drop .. making a sound .. saying something to me ..
I listened to wind .. each time some one blowing a whistle ..
I sat there whole night .. waiting for the rain to pour ..
And go .. I waited there silently .. for dawn to come ..

But it would keep pouring and become colder …

It rained last night ..
It rained outside .. but..
I felt it inside ..

No comments:

Post a Comment